(Contents of the GO RT 153. Planning Department)
Chief Minister, YS Jaganmohan Reddy’s government is completing one in the office on May 31. To mark the occasion, the government is planning brainstorming sessions on the flagship welfare schemes, as the grand-scale celebrations are barred due to corona lockdown. A GO has been issued to detail the brainstorming sessions. The following is the brief text of the GO issued on May 21, 2020)
The emergence of this government has a historical base evolved from aspirations of millions of people in the state of Andhra Pradesh who had desperately looked for a people-centric government that would lift them out of trouble and difficulties inherited during the recent past.
2. Soon after assuming power, the government with a genuine intention to bail out people from their grievances has started putting in place several welfare initiatives that directly benefitted several sections of the population, especially the marginalized and vulnerable sections. It is almost a year since these initiatives have evolved one after the other with due diligence.
3. Having completed a full year in office, the Government intends to assess the ground realities and impact of its numerous initiatives and also to get feedback from different stakeholders like user group/beneficiaries to further consolidate the efforts, devise a future action plan and thereby set the stage for a healthy and competitive Andhra Pradesh. These initiatives which are essentially the components of the Navaratnalu programme that cut across sectors of farming, education, health, welfare and other sectors, need to be given a new dimension to properly set the tone.
4. Commemorating one year term in the office on 30th May, the government decided to hold week-long brainstorming sessions – both at the State level and District level.
5. The goal of this one week programme is to get feedback from the user group/beneficiaries and discuss a future action plan. All the stakeholders such as beneficiaries, implementers, experts from various fields, and policymakers will be involved in these brainstorming sessions.
6. The broad organization of the brainstorming sessions is as follows:
* These sessions will be conducted both at State and District level. State-level sessions will be chaired by Hon’ble CM in the forenoon session, and District In-charge Minister will chair the district level sessions in the afternoon (after watching the live telecast of Hon’ble CM interaction). The main purpose is that Hon’ble CM will get to hear directly from the beneficiaries.
* The duration of the programme shall be around 3 hours only between 10.30 AM to 1.30 PM at the state level.
* Departments who are organizing that particular day’s meeting should make sure that there are not more than 50 people (including beneficiaries and eminent persons) for each day’s sessions both at State and District level. The Structure of the Programme
a) Concerned theme coordinating secretary shall make a presentation on achievements done during the last one year and road map for next 4 years.
b) Reflection/suggestions of the experts and feedback from the beneficiaries at the state level session, districts will start the programme and further build on the discussions at their level.
c) 5 minutes AV shall be prepared on each theme for playing before Hon’ble CM interaction with stakeholders.
d) The Coordinating Secretary concerned to the theme will ensure to exhibit photographs and stalls at the state level venue.
e) Commissioner, I & PR shall take necessary action for live telecasting the Hon’ble CM interaction
f) A detailed plan for each day will be given by the concerned theme coordinating secretary to the Planning Department.
g) Planning Department will head the whole programme and Secretary, Planning will anchor it.
8. The seating arrangement shall be done with physical distancing so as to strictly adhere to the guidelines of the government with reference to the Covid-19 pandemic.
9. The respective senior officers and in-charge of above-mentioned themes shall well in advance need to ensure that the interactions would eventually result in devising a strategy for bringing out a tangible roadmap to further improve the sectors and thereby put the state on a global pedestal and shall collect and compile the reports from districts and present to the Hon’ble CM on the next day.
10. All the Senior Officers and District Collectors at the State and district levels shall take necessary action to make the brainstorming sessions fruitful and will become a guide for the future.