Adhra Pradesh government today released a situation report on Godavari boat accident that took place yesterday. According to the report,24 people are still missing and efforts have been intensified to trace them.
1. Incident Description: Private Tourist Boat Capsized in Godavari River
2. Date &Time of incident: 15-09-2019, 1:45 PM
3. Location: East Godavari (D), Devipatnam (M), Katchuluru (v)
4. Number of Persons Rescued so far: 27
5. Number of Dead Bodies Retrieved: 09
6. Number of Persons missing: 24 (Approx.)
7. Current Situation: Boat carrying approximately 60 passengers capsized in Godavari River. Out of 60 passengers, 27 passengers have been rescued and 24 (approx.) are still missing informed by ITDA APO and Tahsildar Devipatnam.
a) 6 Fire Teams from East and West Godavari Districts with 08 IR boats, 12 Aska Lights and 1 Satellite Phone are engaged in search and rescue operations.
b) 2 NDRF and 3 SDRF have been deployed to the spot and are engaged in rescue operations with all necessary rescue and communication equipment
c) 1 Deep Divers Team of Indian Navy has started the rescue operations.
d) 2 NAVY, 1 ONGC Chopper are pressed into service for search and rescueoperations.
e) A specialized deep diver’s team with “Side Scan Sonar” equipment from Uttarakhand State has reached in state and expected to reach the spot
with a team of 6 Experts of Uttarkhand SDRF.
f) Out of ‘27’ rescued, 16 are given first aid treatment at Area Hospital,Rampachodavaram and shifted to GGH Rajahmundry for further treatment and trauma counselling. Remaining ‘11’ are being brought to Area Hospital Rampachodavaram. Arrangements are made by District Administration for stay of rescued persons at Lahspin Hotel a 3 Star accommodation, post medical treatment and trauma counselling, tillthey are safety escorted to their respective places. ‘9’ retrieved dead bodies are shifted to GGH Rajahmundry for Post Mortem and medical teams are conducting Post mortem from today morning onwards.